To celebrate their first Doctor Who event; Robert Harrop Designs will be producing a Special Edition Ice Warrior!
Finished in a unique Monochrome Paint Pattern, signifying the fact that the original episodes of 1967 were filmed in black and white, it is a Limited Edition of only 75 figurines and will be launched and available at a special purchase price from their stand at DW17 from the 13th to 15th November.
For those unable to attend the Doctor Who Festival, it will be available to purchase from the website after the event.
The TARDIS arrives on Earth in the distant future at the time of a new ice age. The Doctor and his companions make their way into a base where scientists, commanded by Leader Clent, are using an ioniser device to combat the advance of a glaciers over Britain.
A giant humanoid creature has been found buried in the glacier and when thawed, it revives and is revealed to be Varga, captain of a Martian spacecraft that landed on Earth centuries ago and is still trapped in the glacier. Varga sets about freeing his comrades and formulating a plan to conquer the Earth!
Varga was played by Bernard Bresslaw, and although only recognisable by his huge stature, was particularly famous at the time by his appearances in the Carry On films. This was the first appearance of the Ice Warriors in a Doctor Who episode in the time of the Second Doctor, portrayed by Patrick Troughton.
- A Limited Edition Handpainted figurine / statue from the Doctor Who Collection.
- Designed and Sculpted in Shropshire, England by Robert Harrop Designs.
- Traditionally Hand Sculpted by Simon Boden.
- Official BBC License. Each piece is approved by the Doctor Who television production team at BBC Wales in Cardiff. Additionally, the Doctors are approved by the actors themselves.
- Approximately 7.5 inches (190mm) tall.
- A Limited Edition of Only 75 Figurines Worldwide.
- Individually hand numbered with a unique number on the base.
- Comes complete in a presentation box with information card and a Certificate of Authenticity!